One of the premier specialty cruise lines
Star Clippers operates three of the world’s largest and tallest sailing vessels
Star Clippers operates three of the world’s largest and tallest sailing vessels. Visiting ports often untouched by larger cruise ships and offering passengers the activities, amenities and atmosphere of a private yacht, Star Clippers is recognized as one of the premier specialty cruise lines.
These are true clipper ships reflecting their proud heritage in every inch of their polished brass and gleaming brightwork. Step aboard these unique vessels and discover a new age of sail, where the traditions of the past are happily married to the comforts and amenities of the present day. Star Clipper and Star Flyer are modern cruise ships in every way, created for luxury-loving passengers who also love the traditions and romance of the legendary era of sailing ships. Star Clipper and Star Flyer are both 360 feet long and each carries just 170 guests in pampered comfort.
Life aboard is blissfully relaxed, much like traveling on a private yacht. You’ll never feel confined on Star Clipper or Star Flyer. Each ship offer spacious accommodations and expansive teak decks with ample space and not one, but two swimming pools. In fact, you’ll find that these ships offer more outdoor space per passenger than most conventional cruise ships.
The décor of Star Clipper and Star Flyer is reminiscent of the grand age of sail. Antique prints and paintings of famous sailing ships please the eye, while teak and gleaming mahogany rails are richly reminiscent of Star Clippers’ proud nautical heritage.
All Star Clippers ships feature open-seating dining in an elegantly appointed dining room, our convivial indoor-outdoor Tropical Bar and Piano Bar, and an Edwardian style library where a Belle Époque fireplace glows with a warmth that reflects the friendliness and enthusiasm of Star Clippers’ hospitable officers and crew.
- South East Asia: Thailand & Malaysia.
- Panama Canal: Grenadines, Venezuela, Curacao, Aurba, Colombia.
- Ocean Crossings: Eastbound & Westbound.
- Eastern Mediterranean: Greek Islands, Turkey, Amalfi Coast (Italy).
- Caribbean: Grenadines, Barbados, Antigua, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Venezuela, ABC Islands, Treasure and Leeward Islands.
- Western Mediterranean & North Africa: Italy, Montenegro, Croatia, Portgual, Spain & Balearics, Morocco. South of France. Including Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Dominican Republic.
- Casual yet elegant style
- Spacious cabins & suites with all the amenities of a private yacht.
- Culinary Delights served by internationally inspired chefs.
- Sophisticated Free-seating restaurant
- Extensive Shore Excursion programme at all ports
- Complimentary Ship’s water sports programme
- No rigid Schedules
- Light-hearted entertainment
- Captain’s Daily Briefing
- Easy-going informality
Star Flyer & Star Clipper
Length: 360 feet
Beam: 50 feet
Draft: 18.5 feet
Sail Area: 36,000 Square feet
Mast Height: 226 feet
Total Staff: 72
Passenger Capacity: 170
Masts: 4 Masts, 16 Sails
Length: 439 feet
Beam: 54 feet
Draft: 18.5 feet
Sail Area: 56,000 Square feet
Mast Height: 197 feet
Total Staff: 106
Passenger Capacity: 227
Masts: 5 Masts, 42 Sails